Selected Academic Publications
Articles in Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Africa intellectual property decisions and legislative reforms round-up 2020. (2021) Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 16(6), pp.584-594.
- Negotiating the Intellectual Property Protocol under the Agreement Establishing the African Continental Free Trade Area: Priorities and Opportunities for Nigeria. Law and Development Review (Forthcoming).
- Multi-territorial Digital Copyright Licensing with the AfCFTA: considerations for appropriate guiding principles. European Intellectual Property Review (Forthcoming).
- Nigeria’s Federal High Court relies on physical evidence and shipping documents to invalidate registered designs. (2020) Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 15(11), pp.860-862.
- Lessons in Protecting and Enforcing Copyright in Screenplays in Nigeria. (2020) Business Law Review, 41(2), pp.55-63
- Book review: The Object and Purpose of Intellectual Property edited by Susy Frankel (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2019). (2020) South African Law Journal, 137(1), pp. 173-177.
- Corporate governance of copyright collecting societies in Nigeria: are (some) interventions under the Copyright Act lawful? (2019) Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies Journal of Intellectual Property, 6, pp. 76-108.
- Copyright in “contest-created” works: Ugandan Court of Appeal weighs private interests and public benefit vis-à-vis Uganda’s national anthem. (2019) Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 14(12), pp. 933-934.
- An analysis of the IP-related provisions of the Nigerian Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2019. (2019) Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 14(8), pp. 613-621.
- Corporate governance of collecting societies in Nigeria: Powers of the sector regulator. (2018) South African Intellectual Property Law Journal, 6(1), pp.24-46.
- Nigerian Supreme Court issues guidance on locus standi of collecting societies. (2018) Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 13(12), pp.931-933
Other academic publications
- South Africa with Kenya and Eswatini seek waiver of certain provisions of TRIPS Agreement to align IPRs with access to medicine in the fight against Covid-19. (2020) Intellectual Property Forum, Issue 122, pp. 122-123.
- Gender equality in South Africa’s creative sector through the regulation of collective management organisations. (October 2020) Africa Portal (online).
- The Constitutional Court of South Africa provides guidance on patent prosecution policy in South Africa. (2020) Intellectual Property Forum, Issue 120, pp. 101-103.